by Using Waste Energy
A Sustainable Mission:
An Overview of Primary Energy
Primary Energy helps North American industry become more efficient and thus more competitive with foreign imports. These projects are critical to the operation of hosts and provide significant benefits including supplying cost efficient, reliable energy streams required for operations.
We create value for customers, such as steel and industrial manufacturing, by capturing and recycling waste energy from industrial and electric generation processes and converting it into reliable and economical electricity and thermal energy. The company’s technology also helps organizations reduce emissions and costs, by capturing more heat from blast furnaces and coke ovens, maximizing CHP efficiency and shifting fuel from coke to pulverized coal. By partnering with Primary Energy Recycling, energy producers can increase revenue by selling converted energy and industrial users can reduce energy costs and reduce emissions.
Primary Energy, a Fortistar portfolio company, owns and operates four recycled energy projects and has a 50 percent interest in a pulverized coal facility. The company has a combined electrical generating capacity of 298 megawatts and a combined steam generating capacity of 1.8M lbs./hour.
Primary Energy’s business is to develop, acquire and operate “behind the meter” industrial energy facilities. Our mission is to be one of the best performing owner and operators of waste fuel/heat to steam and power producing facilities in North America.
Primary’s vision is to create value for its customers and shareholders by delivering efficient and reliable energy at reduced cost, while producing safe and environmental clean power generation.
- We are dedicated to safety - We are committed to maintaining and/or exceeding standards of safety in our work place.
- We are focused on operational excellence -We are committed to delivering value to our customers which requires that we operate our facilities in a way that is safe, reliable, and environmentally responsible and sustainable.
- We operate and act with integrity, honesty and respect - We are committed to doing what is right for our company and the employees that operate within it. A culture where collaboration is conducted with respect and integrity is of our highest priority.
- We are committed to teamwork - We are committed to a team-oriented culture. Working towards common goals, creating a positive work place atmosphere, and supporting each other to enhance team performance and results.
- We are accountable - We are committed to fostering a work place environment where accountability is part of holding ourselves responsible for delivering results. A culture focused on open, honest and respectful communication that is committed to doing what’s right.
- We succeed as an inclusive and diverse team - We are committed to respecting individuality and each individual’s ability to make a positive contribution in achieving the Company’s goals and objectives.
Primary Energy – the Leader in Energy Recycling
The Primary Energy Project Evaluation Approach
Primary Energy Works with Management, Unions and Experts to Support and Preserve Manufacturing Jobs
Valued Customer Partnerships in North America
We understand manufacturing (steel) and adapt solutions to each facility and their management. Primary Energy’s strategy is to maintain active involvement over operations and maintenance of the plants. Our management team’s track record of experience and expertise to achieve higher efficiency and availability than would likely be achieved by other parties. Our Partnerships enable us to build, operate and maintain the plant at a lower overall cost to the customer while decreasing environmental impact.